The Commission on Elections (COMELEC) is reminding the general public that the registration of voters is ongoing until October 31, 2015 and is conducted during office hours.
The following applications are accepted:
- Application for New Registration for those who have not yet registered who are already 18 years old or will be 18 years old by May 9, 2016 Elections.
- Application for Reactivation for those who are already registered voters but their names have been deleted due to failure to vote in two (2) successive regular elections.
- Application for Transfer for those registered voters from other municipalities or provinces who wish to transfer to Lamut. Transfer includes transfer from one barangay to another barangay within Lamut.
- Application for Correction of Entries
Change of name by reason of marriage for women;
Correction of civil status, birthdate, precinct, birthplace, spelling of names, etc.
- Validation of registration Records of all Registered Voters
Republic Act No. 10367
Mandates the mandatory biometrics data capture of all voters.
ALL REGISTERED VOTERS WITHOUT BIOMETRICS MUST APPEAR BEFORE THE COMELEC OFFICE FOR BIOMETRIC CAPTURE, OTHERWISE, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO VOTE IN THE COMING 2016 NATIONAL AND LOCAL ELECTIONS BECAUSE YOUR NAMES WILL BE DELETED FROM THE DATABASE OF VOTERS.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL
Any valid identification document (Postal ID, Senior Citizen ID, Philhealth ID, Employee ID, Driver’s License)
Birth or Baptismal Certificate
Marriage certificate or CENOMAR for those who apply for change of name or status.